Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Never Underestimate Seniors– Letter to Norma

Oh Norma. At first glance I knew you were unlike the other fitness instructors at the gym, and I really thought that I was going to be let off easy the day you subbed for the Core in Motion instructor. Little did I know that a 60 year old body could lift that much weight, doing that many reps. I should have guessed it from your zero precent body fat and those veins coursing though your biceps. I kept up. I did my best. I have never held on to hand weights for a half hour straight before, but that has now changed, and you still had a half hour left in the class to make my abs feel like they were ripping apart. I will never judge an instructor as I did you again. I had difficulty blow drying my hair this morning. But I will be back!

Heat wave has finally lapsed– for a little while. I'm breaking free from the gym today and running in the park after work. At least the lower half of my body is somewhat stable after getting my ass kicked by Norma last night...

No comments:

Post a Comment