Tuesday, May 25, 2010

My First Early Morning Run (outside)

After a long weekend of indulging in birthday and graduation parties, I finally decide that I needed to get back on track. It's been really hot lately (in the 90's) and I'm not a big fan of running in the heat, so I figured an early morning run would would be perfect. I woke up at 5:30 a.m. and was surprised how easy it was today. I did it twice last week, and it seemed much more difficult. It rained a lot last week so I was mainly in the gym, and I never look forward to going to the gym, especially to run. Running on treadmills sucks! That's probably why it was easier to get out of bed. I'm trying to follow a training plan but it's been really hard trying to fit everything in with school.

So this morning my only goal was to get up and run 5k. Not too focused on time, just wanted to get it in. I'm still REALLY slow and trying to build my stamina, so I was happy with what I accomplished this morning. The next few weeks are going to be crazy with school. I have two presentations and four papers due in the next two weeks, one of those papers being a monster, so I need to stay motivated.

Over all the run was good. The first part went by fast since I was still half asleep. It was really humid, but it could have been a lot worse.
Distance: 3.1 Mi.
Time: 32:46
Thought during run: Where the hell did all those bunnies come from?

Below is the playlist that I used this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment